Crooked Dice Forum    Gaming    7TV 2nd Edition  ›  Large 7TV Games
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 2 Guests

Large 7TV Games  This thread currently has 190 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Miros
March 26, 2017, 12:46am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Slightly Less Expendable Minion
I'm planning on running a large 7TV game at Historicon in July.  Thinking of 2-3 players on each side, 40-50 ratings per player.  I have the scenario already.

Thoughts on larger games?  Changes you would make?  My initial idea is to use the usual # of countdown cards and have each side draw one and move together.  
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Karl@Crooked Dice
March 26, 2017, 11:20am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
It should scale up perfectly well. One issue for players may be a bit of wait between their turns. So you could change initiative mechanics. Make one initiative roll between heroes and villains - and allocate PP accordingly. Then add a random card draw for each player's activation. You would also dump 'Stealing the Scene'
Logged Offline
Site Site E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 5
Morgan
March 26, 2017, 2:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Trusted Minion
As Karl says above, definitely have all heroes go at the same time, then all villains. When awards of plot points come up, each cast will separately receive those awards.

I would aim for each cast to have about 25 points, unless you want the game to run quite long. If you are likely to be running this for new players, consider using co-stars rather than stars (slightly simpler choice of options to speed up play). Also consider avoiding burst weapons (eg SMG) as that can lead to quite a lot of dice rolling if a group of minions is firing on some tightly-packed opponents. It can just take a while to work through all of those rolls.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 5
agent_pumpkin
March 27, 2017, 8:30am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Vaguely Valued Minion
I like the idea of card draw initiative.

I may even try this myself. With 1 card for each Star and Co-Star, a card for each unit and then each side also has one card for all the non-unit extras.  

This could be modified further by special event/action cards

Hummmm.

That's the trouble with heroics. They seldom run to schedule...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 5
monkeylite
March 27, 2017, 8:48am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Trusted Minion
Yeah, the way initiative is done in 7TV, it only really works (with the rules as written) if you do one side against another side. If you have more than two sides or lots of allied factions you need to tweak things. In addition, as Karl says, in games with lots of players there is the issue of waiting for your turn. For these reasons, I would think the way to go would be to treat one team of many players as one single side in regard to game turns. This will keep the game moving and keep the countdown deck requirements predictable.

When we've played this sort of game, we've calculated tokens in the normal way but paid them into a kitty that everyone on the side has access to. Any special allocation of tokens, etc, can then just be paid into the kitty. This might not feel exactly right, but is certainly the easiest solution.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 5
Red Shirt 1
March 27, 2017, 8:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Trusted Minion with Keys
I would use a card draw for each faction and give out plot points as usually for each faction. Maybe include a random event card and roll from a pre generated list for the scenario.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Crooked Dice Forum    Gaming    7TV 2nd Edition  ›  Large 7TV Games