Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Question :)
Crooked Dice Forum    Gaming    Painting and pics  ›  Question :)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Question :)  This thread currently has 326 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Pullo
September 22, 2016, 6:12am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Vaguely Valued Minion
If that works for you
Try not to over think the metaphor
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 15 - 30
Morgan
September 22, 2016, 8:40am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Trusted Minion
A differing point-of-view coming up: when I come onto this forum, I rather like that it's friendly, that there is an amount of support from other forum members for painting efforts but, most importantly, that there are threads which are full of useful rules queries, inspirational links, etc. etc. If there are too many "good work" and "like" posts, I find that the useful content gets lost amongst the noise. In fact, as the number of those kinds of posts have gone up over the last couple of months, I've found that I'm checking the forum less as it's getting harder to see the wood for the trees.

Perhaps as one way to limit that each forum member could have one thread for all of their painting and modelling efforts like, for example, Kev does? If nothing else, it would make it easier to see all of the fine work by each individual member in one place.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 30
Bewildered Badger
September 22, 2016, 12:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Loyal Henchman
I rarely comment on anything unless it really grabs my attention. If I see an interesting thread then I'll read it, and look at the pretty pictures. Generally speaking though unless I feel I can contribute something more than just 'Nice paint job!' or similar then it's not worth signing in. That may be why facebook posts get more response, you are already signed in, and a 'like' icon can sum up your feelings just as well as any two or three word message.

The Man From 1970.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 17 - 30
Pullo
September 22, 2016, 5:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Vaguely Valued Minion
Hmmmm.. Interesting.
Ok I'll put all my trees in one wood
That should tidy things up a bit
If any one wants to comment on that I'd welcome feedback.
Even if it's just a smiley face... For me it feels recognised. 'Views' are very neutral.
Three smiley faces ! Best day ever
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 18 - 30
mikeland
September 22, 2016, 6:12pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Trusted Minion
Quoted from Morgan
A differing point-of-view coming up: when I come onto this forum, I rather like that it's friendly, that there is an amount of support from other forum members for painting efforts but, most importantly, that there are threads which are full of useful rules queries, inspirational links, etc. etc. If there are too many "good work" and "like" posts, I find that the useful content gets lost amongst the noise. In fact, as the number of those kinds of posts have gone up over the last couple of months, I've found that I'm checking the forum less as it's getting harder to see the wood for the trees.

Perhaps as one way to limit that each forum member could have one thread for all of their painting and modelling efforts like, for example, Kev does? If nothing else, it would make it easier to see all of the fine work by each individual member in one place.

Interesting POV. Probably goes a long way to explain the disparity between comments and views that the OP mentioned.

Of course it all depends on what you use a forum for. For me it is exactly the opposite to you, the increase of people showing their work get me on here a lot more. The rules queries quite frankly bore me out of my tiny little brain, (for  any rule set not just 7tv). But I'm luck I suppose that my gaming is always very social with family and close friends, so any rules queries are dealt with by a quick chat, consensus decision and then the fun continues and they are forgotten.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 19 - 30
Smoking gun
September 22, 2016, 6:33pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Slightly Less Expendable Minion
On one of the model railway forums I belong to there are "thank you", "craftsmanship/clever", "like", "informative/clever", "useful" etc buttons at the foot of every post you can click instead of making a comment post. The software coding is beyond me but maybe they could be added here.

Martin

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 20 - 30
September 22, 2016, 8:10pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Smoking gun
On one of the model railway forums I belong to there are "thank you", "craftsmanship/clever", "like", "informative/clever", "useful" etc buttons at the foot of every post you can click instead of making a comment post. The software coding is beyond me but maybe they could be added here.

Martin

Nice idea. The back-end of this forum is held together with brown paper and string, so that maybe tricky
E-mail E-mail Reply: 21 - 30
mikeland
September 22, 2016, 9:35pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Trusted Minion
Quoted from 2

Nice idea. The back-end of this forum is held together with brown paper and string, so that maybe tricky

So you got budget for brown paper as well as string... Going up market then!  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 22 - 30
Pullo
September 22, 2016, 10:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Vaguely Valued Minion
That's funny!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 23 - 30
September 27, 2016, 1:37pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Morgan

I have to agree with Morgan, I like the supportive nature of the forum.

I also agree that your idea of keeping ongoing work on a single thread keeps it tidy. I have noted on other forums where individuals (not deliberately) post a painted item, it is commented on and then the individual posted the next thing painted on a new thread, gradually pushing any other contributors' threads off the front page.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 24 - 30
chilledenuff
September 27, 2016, 2:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Entrusted Enforcer
Quoted from 144

I have to agree with Morgan, I like the supportive nature of the forum.

I also agree that your idea of keeping ongoing work on a single thread keeps it tidy. I have noted on other forums where individuals (not deliberately) post a painted item, it is commented on and then the individual posted the next thing painted on a new thread, gradually pushing any other contributors' threads off the front page.

Yeah, freindly is good.  Long threads for each pseud's painting works best (hence my stupidly long thread in the painted bit)

Smile!  It's not that bad!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 25 - 30
Brummie
October 3, 2016, 5:57pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Faithful Lackey
Its probably because many of us use facebook. Only checking in here occasionally.

I prefer forums but life is mental and FB is more convenient on the move.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 26 - 30
Pullo
October 3, 2016, 6:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Vaguely Valued Minion
Yes.. Facebook is way easier to post stuff and respond without a lot of clicking
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 27 - 30
Brummie
October 5, 2016, 1:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Faithful Lackey
There are some really good community groups on facebook for various games and genres.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 28 - 30
Pullo
October 5, 2016, 9:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Vaguely Valued Minion
Tried Frostgrave Facebook on this recommendation
Definitely more feedback
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 29 - 30
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Crooked Dice Forum    Gaming    Painting and pics  ›  Question :)